How to be beautiful?

Met with these wonderful people that gave me a journey with memories worth to remember forever
I was on holiday for 2 weeks straight, back-packing between 4 countries with my friends.

It was my first time travelling back packing so I had this vision in my mind to packed light, be practical and choose comfort  over fashion in my clothing.
I had an image in my mind where I'll be travelling in my  sport shoes, no-iron shirts, messy up dos and faded jeans.
But oh boy, was I wrong
My friends packed their sophisticated leather boots, Zara jacket, Marc Jacobs perfume and Chanel make ups lines, with perfect honey mustard cardigans, feminine crisp stripe shirts and 100£ Superdry jacket.
They all look fierecely awesome in every picture snap along our journey and there I was, the most chowkia one in the pictures.

In the mid of the trip,  one of my companion express her joy that it was such a bliss for her to went travelled with me because she thought I was awesome. 
(Well- duh!)
So she said that we should go to Paris together for our winter holiday this year to indulge in macaroons and Longchamps shopping handbags.
But then she said the darnest thing..
' Reena, nanti pergi Partis kena pakai lawa-lawa tau. Sebab orang kat sana semua pakai lawa-lawa '

I laughed and said ok. 
But at that point I knew, I was obviously the selekeh one among my friends.
Sad. Its just plain sad.
To be honest, I don't know or have the faintest idea on how to be drop dead gorgeous?
I mean I love classy and plain colours elegant clothes and all.
I love Palzzo pants, Kimono cardigans and artificial-fashion leather bags.
But I just don't think I can rock them.
Plus I'm in the UK for God's sake.
Do you know how strong the wind gets here?
Given that Middlesbrough is in north of UK.
Which means the weather temperature are higher than most states down south and I have to wear winter jackets all the time.
How am I going going to walk with poise when the UK blizzard keeps hitting my face everyday 5 secs once I got out the door.
Not to mention ruining my perfectly done hair.
Its cold even in the spring.
I could not afford to bring myself to wear linen or single layer clothes.
I'm that girl who'd choose comfort over beauty.

I tied my hair so my hair won't get to my face.
I wear knitted and thick shirts so that it keeps me warm every second of the day.
I wear sneakers everyday because hell, I need to keep my feet warm and comfy too.


So how the hell am I going to be beautiful in Paris?
Its a dilemma that I have been figuring out for the past 25 years.
And please, don't even think to talk about inner beauty on me.
I'm gonna boo you at the face.
**cries**
 ****************












 Netherlands
April 2014

***************

Till then, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment