Burn-crepe

Today I was running few errands in town since morning and came back to my room at 4 pm. 
I didn't had my lunch so I was hungry.
I took out one of these ready-made crepe (with the chocolate filling) in my kitchen and heat it up in the microwave for 1 minute.

I was supposed to heat it for 10 seconds but didn't aware that I hit the 1 minute button.
So while the crepe is heating up, I was checking the fridge for ingredients to cook my dinner and took out few pans from the cabinets.
Until, I smell burning chocolate in the kitchen...
I open the microwave and saw this

I quickly toss it the trash incase one of my hall-mates got into the kitchen and ask about the smell.
I don't want to be that girl yang-dia-ni-tau-ke-tak-nak-guna-microwave.
So I quickly hide the evidence

5 seconds later, one of my hall mate walks in to the kitchen.

Perfect.

He said "Ohh, smells like baking!" and smile.
I smile back and said " Its the crepe smell"
He said " Ohh..you were making one is it? Do you have the recipe with you? Can I see it?"

I wanted to said,
No, I bought it at the stores. Its ready-made. 
But I was so hungry that I microwave it with the plastics cover as well until it burned

But how I could I say that with the matsaleh eyes staring back at me.
Jatuhlah maruah orang Melayu kalau I cakap macam tu

Instead, I said this,
"Do you mind waiting for awhile, I'll get the recipe from my room for you"

So I went to my room, cursing myself for lying, and gone back to the kitchen.
Then we both share few recipes and cooking tips together and he parted.

Leaving me staring at the kitchen table and wonder.
My God, how can one burning crepe and a hungry tummy lead to me exchanging recipes with a matsalleh guy

*************
xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment