Prague, Czech Republic

Made this karipap daging from scratch for the first time.
Tried the the recipe from here

Gigihla nak buka puasa makan sedap kan.

*************
Anyway, here I would like to share the recent photos from my last trip to Prague, Czech Republic in April 2014

The trip was very sentimental for me. 
Because when I was 8-9 years old, 
a childhood friend of mine said she had already been to Prague when we both were flipping her family album together.

In one of her photos, they were taking picture against a wall with the word 'PRAGUE' written on it. 
We saw the spelling on the wall behind them was P-R-A-G-U-E and pronounce it as 'Pra-gieu'

And we thought the spelling was odd so she went to her mom and ask her how to pronounce the word.

Her family had lived in Russia before so her mum was very fluent in Slavic language.
Her mum replied her that the name was a state and it was pronounce as PRA-GA or PRA-HA.

Both of us were making our odd faces at her mum.

Like, kalau PRA-GA, kenapa tak eja  PRAGA je? 

But because it was her mom who said it, so of course my friend chose to believe her mother.

I on the other hand, being the cocky child as I once was said to myself,
"Mak dia salah ni. Mistaken ejaan kot. Nanti Reena pergi sana Reena check"

As I grew up, I never forget this story. 
My childhood friend remain as my good friend till this day 
and her family has been nothing but dear to me all this past years.
 And to be honest, I never even make a plan to go there, not even once.
The story sort of remain as a childhood memory.

Until one my schoolmate invited me to go on a trip to Prague and then there I was.

Witnessing the city with my own eyes and breathing the same air as other locals.

The whole time I was there, all I could think of was my childhood friend and our little conversation.

Syukur Ya Allah for allowing me to experience such a moment.

The trip has continue to be very personal for me.

Who knew such meaningless conversation of two children could turned up to a surreal moment in ones life.

I am always amazed by God graces to His servants.

Therefore,  I would like to share few of my snapshot of the city with you darlings.



View of the Charles Bridge



One of the main entrance to the Senat office building


View from Prague castle





The streets.




And yes, the city is pronounced ad PRA-HA or PRA-GA

*************

xoxo darlings! Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment