Hindi Movie in UK cinema




Miss Miera and me

I was browsing online for The Hobbit movie in the cinema until I saw this add. 

dhoom3 aaliya katrinakaif Meet Aaliya   Katrina Kaif in Dhoom 3
Pic courtesy of http://bollyspice.com/70239/meet-aaliya-katrina-kaif-dhoom-3

I was like what, cerita hindustan main kat sini. Say what!!!
Here's the trailer. 

I wanted to watch the movie like sangat.
Being a hindustan addict myself, watching this movie in cinema is crucial.
They have Aamir Khan in it for God sake.
I don't need any other reason to convince me other than that.
Once I saw the screening time,  I was set on going alone since who (non-indian I mean) would want to watch Hindi movies here right?
Even my besties didn't get this part of me, let alone here, in pekan Middlesbrough.
So I said to myself just go and watch alone since the cinema is like 15 mins walk from where I live.
The last time I catch a movie in the local cinema here is The Hunger Games on the third day after its release. 
Given that we only bought the tickets like 5 mins before the movie started and surprise, surprise, the cinema wasn't even full. 
 Which is why I was confident enough that I didn't even need to book a ticket for this Hindi movie.

But to my dismay, when I arrived at the cinema 1 hour before the screening time, 
the show was popping up SOLD OUT in red on the screening board.
I was devastated. Like spiraling down to my stomach-devastated.
How can the movie sold out? Like how?
 Sedih sangat that I even blurred out to my girlfriends here about it.

And one of them who were so sweet said:
"Kalau awak nak ajak saya teman, boleh je"
Isn't she the sweetest?
*mata berair sikit*

I told her that I want to watch it soon and she said cool, lets go tomorrow. 
We went arm and arm the next day and she took the liberty to booked the ticket as precaution.
When we finally got the tickets, I was ecstatic. 
She said this was her first time watching Hindi Movie in a cinema, I told her not to worry cause this movie is definitely worth it
When we walked in the cinema, it was house-full and we're like the only non-indian in the room looking for our seats.
One of the Indian couple even look at us with 
are-you-sure-you're-in-the-right-cinema look. 
Haha. 
Come to Malaysia darling, you and I we're share a country and the cinema.

Finally we managed to find a seat and settled down. Then Mira asked me a question
"Ada subtitle tak?"
Why in the hell did I not thought of that?
We both turned our head around and saw only Indians in the room.
The trailers that they played prior to the movie started has no subtitles on it.
My heart starts sinking.
Until we finally saw the word printed on the screen translating the language when the movie started.
 And we both smile.
Thank heavens!

The first stunt in the movie got a laugh from half of the audience. 
Its a scene where Aamir Khan was riding a bike steadily on a 
single rubber rope (or rubber string, I don't know what they call it)

Even Mira laughes. 
So I told her " Kalau nak tengok hindustan, tak boleh pakai akal, kena pakai hati"
But we can't help to laughed again at the next stunt.
Hehe.
Fun times.
And since the movie is like 3 hours long, 
they have 15 minutes loo-break after the first one and half an hour.
When the movie ended, I was shock to hear when Mira said,
"Tunggu habis lagu closing ni baru balik"
I was just about to said the same thing but there you go.
I had managed to infect a friend with the hindustan awesomeness. 
But all in all we had fun.
Thanks M!

Us. Sitting gleefully in the movie theater 
====================
 Till the, toodles peeps!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment